Basically all you do is barely chop the ingredients and throw them in the pot. You don't need an immersion blender but it's easier with one.
I should also note that I hate zucchini and still love this soup.
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 slice thick-cut bacon, finely chopped
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 zucchini, skin on, cut into large chunks
- 4 oz dried black eyed peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Big handful of fresh basil (or 1 tbsp dried basil)
- Combine all ingredients in Instant Pot
- Cook on High Pressure for 2 minutes
- Quick release, immersion blend until smooth (or transfer to a blender)
- Serve with a good crusty bread (I do asiago rolls)
- Eat it